- Do you feel like you are all alone and that no one understands what you are going through?
- Do you need a safe place to talk with others who are also going through something similar?
- Do you have insight about a recent hardship you have been through that could be helpful for someone else to hear?
- Are you looking to gain more skills to learn how to better manage your emotions and improve your relationships?
- Do you feel more hopeful about your own situation when you learn from others’ experiences?
You may find that even though you are able to manage your life from day to day, you continue to struggle with intense emotions. It is common for people to feel hesitant to lean on their friends and family for fear of being a burden. Sometimes one’s support system is unavailable, unreliable, or nonexistent. You might feel alone and overwhelmed carrying your burdens all by yourself.
People seeking group therapy struggle are looking for a safe place to talk about a difficult life event, relationship, or situation. On the surface, it may appear that you are managing everything just fine, but you feel confused and stuck about your current problems. Group therapy can help you process what you are going through with others who have been there also. You will find support from your peers, new perspective in thinking about your problems, and skills to help you reduce the negative emotions you are feeling.
Many people have similar experiences in life, but your circumstance may lead you to feel that no one can relate. We can help connect you with a skills or process group with others that can help you grow, gain insight, and overcome your difficulties while on your journey.
How we can help
We offer a variety of groups, including process and skills groups. Process groups allow you to talk about your experiences while gaining support from others, and also supporting others. Skills groups involve learning new ways to navigate the difficult circumstances you are experiencing. Taking the first step is hard, but necessary. Our therapists make it easy for you to get started. We are highly trained and skilled at helping groups and individuals overcome the challenges of life, making sure that each person feels fully supported and part of a caring and compassionate community.
In working with groups, we rely on evidence-based practices to deal with common challenges. You are not alone. We provide you with strategies that you can use now to begin making the needed changes in your life. We use these methods ourselves, so we know they work. The good news is that people who seek help from a positive support system, get better. You can be one of those people.
Our groups are offered at different times of the year and are based on need. A few of the groups we offer are:
- DBT Skills: Mindfulness (Teens)
- DBT Skills: Interpersonal Effectiveness (Teens)
- DBT Skills: Emotional Regulation (Teens)
- DBT Skills: Distress Tolerance (Teens)
- Stress Management
- Childhood Behavior Management for Parents
- Multi-Family Skills Group
- Social Skills Group (Children & Teens)
- Team building, conflict resolution, and management skills for corporations
- Other groups available on request
Our skilled and compassionate group therapists listen carefully to each person to help you create a meaningful life. You can rely on our expertise, the compassion of your group members, and easy to follow feedback to help you achieve goals that are important to you. Our methods are direct, heart-felt and practical. We provide an environment that allows for support, growth, and healing so that you can get back to living a life of joy.
We have trained professionals who specialize in group therapy. Our therapists will help you develop a plan that meets your needs.
Ready to get started?
If you are ready to find the support that you need and deserve, call our staff at (936) 272-0555. They can help match you with a therapist and support group that will help you meet your goals.